Filed under: Engineering, Full-time, Non-Internship Vacancies, Research, Resource Management.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Not disclosed
Job Ref: RES-0414728
The Smarter Cities Technology Centre (SCTC) at the IBM Dublin Research Laboratory, Ireland is accepting applications for full-time researchers from entry-level through principal investigators.
We are hiring researchers in data analysis, modeling, simulation, visualisation, and intelligent control of energy systems. The successful candidate will develop analytics and algorithms for sustainable energy systems. Projects involve data analysis, simulation, optimisation, and control of energy systems, including techniques for managing stability of energy networks, smart grid, and intelligent buildings or campus management, and incorporation of results in software systems
The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to define research plans, carry out leading research, and publish research results through professional journals, academic conferences, and patents. As a researcher you will be expected to formalise challenging problems, develop new solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure these solutions have a significant impact.
- Doctoral degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Math
- Strong publication record in top-tier conferences and journals
The Smarter Cities Technology Centre is part of IBM Research and was created to take on the challenges of our increasingly urbanized world. We are an R&D organization that works closely with city authorities, universities, and small/large businesses to advance science & technology for smarter urban and environmental systems. We aim to expand our highly skilled and cross-disciplinary team to as many as 200 researchers and software engineers. Areas we currently focus on include: data mining and machine learning; statistical modeling & optimisation, control and decision systems, social, semantic web; distributed information systems; knowledge & data engineering, geospatial analysis and visualisation, simulation, real-time computing, and urban and environmental systems, e.g., water, energy, transportation.
• A stimulating, cross-disciplinary environment in a leading research organisation,
• Opportunities for a unique combination of scientific and industrial research into real-world problems
• Excellent ties to research groups worldwide
• Up-to-date infrastructure and resources
• The ability to take part in large-scale international research projects
- Doctorate Degree
- At least 2 years experience in energy system data analysis, modeling, or control
- At least 2 years experience in software programming with C++ or Java
- At least 1 year experience in mathematical optimization, data mining, time series analysis or signal processing
- English: Fluent
- At least 1 year experience in applied intelligent energy systems
- At least 1 year experience in software design and development of high performance and distributed systems, or large information management systems
You can read more the Smarter Cities Technology Centre at: